India leaves this realm.




It seems that there are no chapters anymore.
There used to be......... but now the pages have no gaps.
There used to be punctuation......... but now the cadence is left to chance.
There used to be beginings and endings,,,,,,,,, but now it is seen that there is no beginning and there is no end.

Be-loved India dissolved back into the elements on April 14th, 2019 aged 15.
The date that Ramana Maharshi attained Mahasamadi.
Funny thing is that the home, the only home India ever lived in is named Arunachala.
The name of the ashram and the holy mountain.
It is said that the abode of Lord Shiva was Mount Kailash and Arunachala was Lord Shiva Himself.

So that India died in this auspicious way was re-assuring.

Last year she was making her way to the market , which she had done for her entire life when a car hit her.  Her aorta was cut and she lost much flesh on her back leg, even the paws under her feet.
The vet was amazed she recovered.  It took much wound control on many wonderful peoples part.

She pulled through and regained her bounce to everyone's surprise.
She was the village dog and she just lapped all the love.

Then on a walk,  a dog attacked her.   She got minor headwounds.
It is said that animals scent death and attack dying animals.
She was attacked again by a known dog.

I was agonizing over what to do, she was in pain, and the coldness had set in.
I held her head and looked her in eyes and she said let me go.  Help me out.

So on Sunday morning the 14th June with the first rains falling things unfolded.
Bruno and Ronel were visiting.   A fire was made.  Candles were lit.
Brahmaranda Swaroopa was playing. 
Cian, 24 years now,  was coping by digging her grave in the garden , in the rain.
Sage, 22 now was coping by washing the dishes and looking upon the unfolding.
Dell arrived and spoke to India who was lying on the matress.
Ronel held up her paw and Dell inserted the needle.
India was fully in my embrace.   I buried my head into hers and chanted Om into her being
as the life force departed.  It took a minute,  Dell told me when she would shudder and I just
held her tightly.
The three cats were also present in the space.

This set up was as perfect as any of the home births.
To be able to die in such a way ........ could it be the blessing of all.

So why have I appeared on this abandoned page again.
Well because it was my tribe and I miss the connections.
And even if none of that comes to bear I promised Iona I would share more of my life.
I can't think of a better way.

So Iona and Pia, my two  god given daughters who both urged me to write about this life.
Here it is, in bits of dribs and drabs.
The catalyst was Iona asking for images of India this morning, and this blog breathed again.

So in celebration of India.

She was everyone's dog but it was Tao she adored.
Every morning one would see Tao running across the lawn shirtless to water and India sprinting after him.  She would follow him to his gardening jobs and then follow him while he loaded, baked and delivered his sour dough breads around the village.

She was the one who welcomed the myriad creatures that came to this space.
Never threatening anyone harm.  The truest love.
She witnessed a family over 15 years.
With many joys and a handful of sorrows.
She knew the laughter , she witnessed the tears
she knew the hopes and she wept at the fears.
 the quintissential giver
whose existence flowed like a river
May you forever roam in this heart
with gratitude for your part
in the creaking, the stretching, the growing of beings
with the potency of the Divine, permeating every scene.













After the accident, Hawk learnt to be still with her.


    Last swim

    Last walk on Meditation Hill

Comments

bholanath said…
Thank you. So appreciate your coming back to this place. I feel your love and your loss and the depth of your connection to that being, India.
John Trudell said "some wounds never heal". He also said "It took the times we didn't care about living...To learn survivors survive whether they want to or not."
I lost my Beloved Soul Partner four and a half years ago. We only met late in life, and now I'm in my 70s. Been the hardest journey I've ever had to make, to carry on. But our beloveds remain with us, always.
Here's me accompanying (on drum) My Love as she sings to the Holy place she loved the most - Arunachala - on Shivaratri 2013 in the Temple: https://chirb.it/1ePCqh
-Bholanath
su said…
Ah Bholonath,
So good to see you again on this page. Been too long.
Thank you for the link - beautiful as always.

Where would I find you now if I landed on your shores..
bholanath said…
Yes, likewise happy to hear from you.
I am in Albuquerque, New Mexico, livin' the city life after 25 years based in a small high desert town (but still at 5000 ft. elevation!).
Risha said…
Quite possibly one of the most beautiful and healing pieces I have ever read. Thank you for the transmission 🙏🏽❤️
Anonymous said…
Blessings on you and your family, and on the incomparable India.

Popular Posts